Marx and Engels Forum is a small public park in the heart of Berlin. Named after two of the most famous and influential German philosophers, Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx, authors of The Communist Manifesto. The park was opened to the public in 1986. The statues found there used to have quite a significant location with the Palast der Republik, the German Democratic Republic’s parliament, on its back.
Many people believed that it was impossible for Germans to resist the Nazi dictatorship, war propaganda and the deportation of Jewish people. However, a street protest in 1943 showed that resistance was possible and that it could be successful. Then the Rosenstrasse Protest happened.